|Sewing by a Window by William Kay Blacklock|
- Who do I live for? ( Whom do I want to please the most--myself, my husband, the crowd I hang with, the people at work, other women, other men, I don't care, my whims, the Lord ?)
- How much money do I want to invest? Cost of item divided by number of times worn equals value.
- How often will I wear it?
- Am I getting/making it to keep up with current fads or is it a classic style?
- Is it a flattering style for me?
- Will the colors make me look my best?
- Will I look feminine in it?
- Will it look seductive at any angle?
- Will it work with other pieces that I have to make my wardrobe extend ?
- Does my husband (or parents, if young ladies) like it?
- Does it draw attention to my face, my countenance?
- Do I have time to get it sewn?
Sewing Machine Ad, 1900Photo by Buyenlarge/Getty Images