Monday, February 15, 2010

Modest patterns

I have perused the pattern books in the fabric stores and have a hard time finding really modest style dresses that one can just cut and sew. It seems that there would have to be much done to raise necklines, loosen fittings, and lower hemlines to appear decently covered.

I have emailed the major pattern catalogs with suggestions of serving the "modest" community with dresses styled more to cover a woman than uncover. The answers were to get a pattern and then adjust it to suit what personal design one has in mind, perhaps even getting the "basic shell" pattern and using it to create what is lacking in the pattern.

I am going to list what I have found to work for me in the next post. These patterns should be available in the fabric stores and it is less costly to get them on sale.

No comments: