Thursday, May 13, 2010

Spring....will it warm up ?

Garage sales and family activities and getting a storage shed built as well as homeschooling have taken up most of the month. I had thoughts of doing "sugar free" living during April, but we have quite a few birthdays and that was pushed to May.

Now in May "sugar free" will be limited to a little less sugar consumed.

We have acquired a travel trailer that will accommodate all of us and we are gearing up for our first trip to see our # 4 son graduate from Bible college next weekend. Excitement is in the air.

I made a couple new dresses for the girls. I use McCalls 4432. When I don't have much time it amounts to sewing dresses that are simple. I just add elastic to the waist as my girls have tiny waists and it looks better to have it snugged in a little on them.

New Look has some cute and easy dresses for girls sizes 3-8. Check out this one as well as this one. These are dresses with back zippers and if you opt for the invisible zipper, it goes a little faster.

Have any of you had a hard time finding patterns for girls dresses that are modest for sizes 10-14? I have found some simple ones from Common Sense Patterns , Candle on the Hill, and Ringger Clothing. Here is one that has more detail to it for dressier occasions as well as this one.

Happy Spring sewing!

No comments: