Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Time for change

Christine Jonson Pattern 1219

All things considered, it is probably about time to re-assess my current wardrobe as I have to find ready-to-wear and patterns in a couple sizes smaller than I wore last year.  I had some favorites, but they don't fit well anymore so most of them are going to thrift stores.  I don't feel like remodeling the garments as they never fit the same when redone.

We live where there are definitely two seasons:  winter and summer, with spring and fall being rather short-lived.  A few transitional pieces of medium weight work as well as layering for the spring and fall wear.  Summer has been very warm this year and winter was cold, dry, and windy.


I have often dreamed of making a coordinated wardrobe but have yet to set aside the time and money for the fabrics and patterns.  So it seems now is a good time to start. Fall is here in another month and with my sewing time, I may have to find a pattern and make pieces as the seasons progress.

The basics usually consist of tops, skirts, vests, jackets, jumpers, and dresses.  JoAnn's and Hancocks are having pattern sales this month so be sure to check out the catalogs for styles you like.  At  $.99 , $1.99, and $3.99 per pattern of the four major companies, it really is a savings considering the 40% discounts or full prices.


No comments: