Saturday, January 26, 2019

Wrap Skirts

Wrap skirts are indispensable sometimes.  I found myself needing one quickly.  I bought a couple online from  Etsy and then proceeded to find the perfect one at Walmart in their Simplicity sale catalog in the  97c section!  It went together quite quickly,  is comfortable, and wears well.



 Getting home and checking out new wrap skirt patterns, I found that New Look offered the very same skirt in 6456 as pattern view B!  I think I got the better end of the deal as I only wanted Style B.





          Checking out further I found McCalls offers a nice front wrap also that offers sideseam pockets.
A very flattering style for almost all figures.  Made from McCalls 7129. ( See below.)



McCalls 7129


Wrap skirts can add a bit of class and style to your wardrobe.



70s styles, mostly back wraps. Look for sale on ebay andAmazon.
 The above pattern offers a back wrap skirt that is very easy to make.  I noticed that on windy days you have to keep an eye on your skirt.  I save them for calm days.  I also wear a pair of longer pettipants or a culottes slip underneath.





This is also an out-of-print pattern.  This front wrap skirt might sew up quickly and is  offered from Amazon dealers. 

This is an out-of-print pattern but it shows a gathered wrap skirt for more fullness.



Here's another front wrap skirt from the 70s that is fuller with no pockets.  These are available on Etsy and elsewhere.


This one looks cool, clean, and crisp--just fresh looking.  That's is why I bought it off Etsy.  It is a back wrap and maybe from the 70s-no date anywhere.    I have some plaids for a blouse and will see if I can match some mid-weight for the skirt.  This is a good one for all year, especially if you want something like this for home-living.

Remember to keep your femininity pure and honoring to our Heavenly Father for we do all things to glorify him.  Guard your influence that it may portray your desire to serve and honor the Lord Jesus Christ. Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

No comments: